The Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) is the agency charged with licensing and regulating businesses and professionals in the State of Florida. The DBPR regulates businesses such as manufacturers of drugs, devices and cosmetics; cosmetologists; and employee leasing companies.
The attorneys at Gaitan Law Group regularly counsel clients seeking licensure from the DBPR, from preparing companies for an initial inspection, to preparing internal processes and procedures, to being present at initial inspections. Our attorneys understand the need for companies to become licensed and operational. For this reason, work closely with regulated industry to help them obtain all required licenses from the DBPR in a timely and efficient manner.
When a regulated company receives a complaint or a notice of action from the DBPR, our attorneys work with them to achieve the most desirable results based on the facts and circumstances of the case. Our attorneys have successfully settled numerous cases with the DBPR, developed comprehensive mitigation strategies that addresses the DBPR’s concerns, and represented clients before the DOAH.
WHAT BUSINESSES AND PROFESSIONALS REQUIRE A DBPR LICENSE?
The businesses and professions listed below are licensed and regulated by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR):
- Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco
- Asbestos Contractors and Consultants
- Athlete Agents
- Boxing, Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts
- Building Code Administrators and Inspectors
- Certified Public Accounting
- Community Association Managers
- Construction Industry
- Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics Program
- Electrical and Alarm Contractors
- Elevators and Other Conveyances, Technicians, Inspectors and Companies
- Employee Leasing Companies
- Harbor Pilots
- Home Inspectors
- Hotels, Motels, Apartments and other lodging
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Mold-Related Services
- Pari-Mutuel Wagering Facilities
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Take-outs, Delivery, Caterers and Mobile Food Vendors
- Talent Agencies
- Veterinary Medicine
- Yacht and Ship Brokers and Salespersons
To speak with an experienced attorney regarding a licensing or administrative matter involving the DBPR, e-mail Gaitan Law Group at [email protected] or call us at 786.440.8115. We offer flexible fee arrangements.