The health care attorneys at Gaitan Law Group represent facilities seeking initial licensure as a Medicare and Medicaid certified home health agency (HHA) with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and licensure from Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). All Florida HHAs must obtain a license from AHCA. Florida’s Home Health Services Act (Fla. Stat. ss. 400.461-518) broadly defines “home health agency” as an “ an organization that provides home health services and staffing services .”
Our experienced team of health care attorneys and health care consultants have successfully obtained licensure and deemed accreditation as a Medicare and Medicaid provider for our clients throughout Florida. Through years of practice, our health care attorneys have developed specialized skills and strategies for handling the AHCA licensing process to ensure that applications are processed efficiently and so that HHAs can become operable more quickly.
Because we understand that starting a new health care facility such as a home health agency can be very costly, we assist our clients with Medicaid and Medicare participation requirements, as well as private insurer reimbursement policies.
We work with HHAs on an ongoing basis to ensure their continued compliance with AHCA licensing requirements and Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, billing and documentation compliance, as well as their success as a business. Thus, clients regularly call on our health care licensing attorneys for additional services, such as:
- Medicare and Medicaid Audits, ZPIC, MPI, etc;
- Medicare or Medicaid overpayments and payment suspensions;
- Revocation, Reactivation, Revalidation of Medicare enrollments and filing change of information with the Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) such as First Coast Service Options, Palmetto GBA, Noridian, etc.
- Business incorporation;
- Preparation of formation documents, such as Articles of Organization, Shareholder Agreements, Resolutions, etc.;
- Preparation of employment agreements, such as physician and medical director agreements; Director of Nursing agreements, and
- Review of property and equipment lease agreements.
To learn more about our experience counseling clients seeking Florida licensure and accreditation as Medicare and Medicaid home health agency or our ongoing representation of health care facilities, kindly feel free to contact Rafael A. Gaitan, Esq. at 786.440.8115 or send an e-mail to [email protected]